The Duplicate Route button instantly copies all of the stop locations and settings from an existing route into a new Route window.
This feature is helpful if you want to:
Change settings such as Route Options or Arrival/Departure to generate a different route for the same group of stop locations and then compare the results. For example, changing the Route Type from Practical to Shortest may generate a different route as may changing Toll Roads* from Allowed to Discouraged. (*Tolls available for Premium only)
Add or delete individual stops within a route without re-entering all of the stops again.
Compare multiple routes with different stop locations or settings to find the best route or to see how different settings affect the route PC*MILER generates.
The same route can be duplicated multiple times, and duplicate routes can also be copied again. The only limit is you may only have eight routes open in the Route window at a time.
Duplicate a Route
1. In the Route window, enter a route as you normally would.
2. At the bottom of the window, click the Duplicate Route button.
3. A new route will open. It will have the same details at the previous route, but with the word Copy appended to the route name, and a unique color to help you visualize it on the map.
Change and Compare Routes
Once a route has been copied, you can change any stops or settings without impacting the original route. For example, you can:
- Delete a stop by clicking the three dots next to the stop's name and then clicking the trash can icon.
- Add a stop by clicking the plus sign between two existing stops and entering the new stop's details.
- Change the Route Options, by clicking the Route Options button and making your new selections.
Duplicate routes will automatically be recalculated after you change any stops or settings. The route’s Tolls*, Miles and Time will be updated in the Route window. Each route will also be drawn on the map in the color show in the Route window. (*Premium only)
Three routes between Princeton, NJ and Ellicott City, MD
To add or remove an individual route from the map, click the slider button. (The route information will remain in the Route window—you just won’t see it on the map.)
In addition to comparing routes on the map and in the Route window, you can click the Reports button for each route to view or print additional details to help with your comparison.