Application Settings are global settings applied to all routes. To edit them, select Application Settings in the left-side menu.
The Search Preference fields help filter results when you search for locations in the Add Stop field as you create a route.
- Use Custom Places—Check this box to search for custom places in your account by name or by custom place ID.
- Use Map Center for Relevance—Search results will give preference to matching locations that are closer to the center of the current map view. Once this is checked, you can set Radius From Map Center to further limit your search.
- Number of Results—Limits search results to a specified number between 1 and 100.
- Countries—Limits search results to the selected countries.
- States—Limits search results to the selected states/provinces. You must first select United States, Canada, or Mexico under Countries in order to select a state or province.
- Place Types—Limits Trimble Maps Places search results to only the types selected.
- Exclude Result Types—Prevents the selected types of Places from being returned in search results.
- Include Result Types—Limits search results to only locations that match the selected result types. For example, if you check Zip and Street, PC*MILER will only return search results that match the street and ZIP you have entered.
- Maximum Distance Unit Precision—Sets how distances should be rounded in reports.
- Maximum Number of Open Routes—Sets the number of routes that can be open at a time to between 8 and 16.
- Route Snapping On Map—When checked, you will see a yellow highlight on the map when you click and drag a route. When you release the mouse button, a new stop will be added on the road link that was last highlighted. When unchecked, you can drag the route to any point on the map and the stop will be added exactly where you release the mouse button.
These values allow you to customize the inputs used to generate costs in the State/Country Distance report. The individual field labels describe what value is expected. In the case of Greenhouse Gases, enter the pounds per gallon (or liter) emissions as CO2 equivalent.
NOTE: Reports are available by selecting the Reports button in the Routes window after generating a route.
- Show Toll Costs—Check this box to add a "Tolls" column to the route window and route reports to display the toll costs on the calculated route.
- Use Toll Discount Programs Select this option to adjust toll rates using a number of discounted toll programs in North America (listed below) where available.
|407 ETR Transponder
|A30 EXPRESS Transponder
|Beach Express GO VISIT
|Downbeach Express Pass
|NY, ON Canada
|NY, ON Canada
|DE, IL, IN, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, VA, WV
|Good To Go
|Laredo Trade Tag
|NC Quick Pass
|MI, ON Canada
|Palmetto Pass (PAL PASS)
Currency & Units
- Exchange Rate Choose which currency to use for route and toll cost reporting. The USD/CAD exchange rate can be edited.
- Length, Distance and Weight Units Select the distance and dimensional units used for mileage displays and reports.
- Fuel In Select the volume units used in reports.
Saving changes and defaults
After making changes, click Save to apply them to your next route. Changes are retained each time you log out and log back in to PC*MILER Web. You can also click Reset to Defaults to bring back the default settings.